Do you want to stop your smoking habit? Everybody has their own reason to quit smoking. One of the reasons is it will cause health problem. Quitting smoking is a great idea and can extremely save you from suffering from chronic complications of cigarette smoking. Using natural herbs have been known to be effective in helping smokers quit smoking. There are many herbs that are main ingredients for smoking supplements and dietary aids like Lobelia, St.. John's Wort, Black Cohosh, Hyssop, Korean ginseng, Motherwort and Peppermint. Here are some simple tips before you use natural herbs in quitting smoking for good:
- Research on the herb first before you use any supplement. Knowledge is power and the more you know how a certain herb works like dosage, side effects, safety levels, adverse effects on various medicines, etc, the more you will likely use it to quit smoking. Use the web as a great resource of many herbal remedies to stop smoking.
- Some herbs may be effective to use to stop smoking but are unsafe to use for along period of time. Some herbs are also banned by the FDA so it is best to visit their site or look for alternative herbal remedies that are safer to use.
- Natural herbs may cause adverse effects to medications you are currently using. It is best to consult your doctor for the use and dosage of any herbal supplement or treatment that uses natural herbs before using them.
- Buy natural herbs only from trusted dealers. The web may be a great resource of knowledge about herbal remedies but can also be a haven for scammers. Look for FDA approved sites that supply safe natural herbs. Do not go for fly by night offers and fantastic companies that offer money back guarantees. They may just be out there to get your money and credit information when you pay online.
- Check how natural herbal supplements are prepared before you buy them. When herbs are discharged and moistured removed for processing and packaging, herbs may lose their therapeutic abilities. It is best to look for herbs that are prepared more naturally and faster after harvest so that nutrients and the therapeutic properties are preserved.
- The use of natural herbs in quitting smoking may only be successful if combined with smoker's education and other alternative remedies. It is still best to consult your doctor regarding the ideal quitting smoking treatment for you so you can stop smoking for good.